Saturday, April 10, 2010

More Pioneer Woman Recipe Reviews....

Heyyyyyyy....Head's Up...Ree (The Pioneer Woman) was on The View last Friday! You can google it and watch her. I felt for her. It was an obvious struggle to get in a word edgewise with those yapsters but she did a great job.

Last Friday night our family went to the Asbury Service of Darkness and I had everyone over for a Pioneer Woman dinner beforehand. Here is the review.
Perfect Pot Roast: Best pot roast ever. It will replace any pot roast recipe I've cooked in the past. You brown the carrots, onions, and roast first, then slowly bake in the oven with broth, fresh rosemary, and fresh thyme. Everyone loved it. I really like that she doesn't cook potatoes with it. I hadn't really thought about it, but it's true that they can get a little mealy. Instead, I served mashed potatoes on the side.
Rosemary rolls: This isn't in the cookbook but you can find it on her website. I will tell you...if you make one thing of Ree's, please, please...make these rolls. They were easy and so good. I'll make these often. In fact, I think I'll try to grow a rosemary plant so I'll have some on hand whenever I need it.
This was an easy meal but very homey. My 2 little nephews even liked it.
Last night I made another PW meal. I loved it enough to add to my regular rotation, but Ronnie wasn't a huge fan. Linguine with clam sauce: The first thing that stood out about this dish is how cheap it is to make. Like....really...the whole thing was about $7! Another fantastic thing was the simplicity. It took just a few minutes to prepare and it had a very rich flavor. Ronnie ate it but said he probably wouldn't request it again. I served it with salad and garlic bread.
Good Morning Muffins: Another recipe from her website but not in the cookbook. I made a batch of these last week. They have orange marmalade in them and a cinnamon sugar streusel on top. Ronnie really liked these.

Oh...On the subject of cooking...I should give a shout out to my Shumard family. We spent Easter in Ada and our visit was long overdue. No one can put together a meal like my mother in law and my sisters in law. It was a great visit and a happy Easter. :)

3 comments:

  1. I too love cooking the pioneer womans food. I love love love the pot roast. so far everything I have cooked is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You'll have to let me know what all you cook, Susan. I still have lots to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer! I didn't even know you had a blog!!! Woohoo-glad to add your beautiful self to my list of peeps! And I'm ALWAYS looking for something different to cook besides Shake 'N Bake pork chops!

    ReplyDelete