Saturday, December 26, 2009

NEW YEAR'S Resolutions-2010

Got a plan? I got a plan. Something for me....RUNNING! I'll be running in the Mardi Gras half marathon in February and the OKC half marathon in April. I plan to stick with the program thru the summer (BLEH) and do the "real" Tulsa Run as Mom calls it, and then the Route 66 half. THEN...PERHAPS...POSSIBLY, ...I may attempt a marathon in 2011. So, alright...tomorrow I shall try running 8 miles on the snow and ice. If I can't make it to RW to get Yak Tracks, I'll bust out my sheet metal screws and try that out.
Now, something for the family....I have decided to cook my way thru Pioneer Woman's Cookbook this year. Oh man! Look out Julie and Julia. It's Cookie and Pioneer Woman. I'm bummed that I don't have any foods in my repertoire that are "requested" by my family. My friend Andrea is asked to make cinnamon rolls. My friend Bronda is asked to make chicken and dumplings. My friend Lisa is asked to make artichoke dip. I got nothing. I get the feeling that most of what I cook is just merely endured. :(

Ok, ...so recipe #1...Red Velvet cake. It's money. I heart PW!

I look forward to cooking all of these recipes for my family. Maybe next Christmas, Ronnie will say, "please, Jennifer, ...please cook (fill in the blank)".

1 comment:

  1. Love your goals, and a full marathon in 2011, wow, it is contagous. We are going to have a LOT of fun!!

    Can't wait to try some of the foods you plan to make. I'm always up for something new.

    Bronda

    ReplyDelete