Wednesday, September 2, 2009

One evening that seemed like an eternity

Holley pointed out it had been awhile since my last post so I thought last night would be a good place to start back up.

Our family will be spending Labor Day weekend at Fort Gibson Lake. It's been a production to make this happen. Since the remaining campsites were on a first come first serve basis, we were already in a jam because Ron is in LA all week. We decided to ask Jonathan to pull the trailer on Tuesday night and I'd follow to pick out the spot. Now...I had a great idea to bring Kadence along since he loves the lake. We were late getting on the road because of my ding dong sister who decided that she would GO SHOPPING before dropping Kadence off. Ok....so we got Kadence loaded up, I fed him in the car (let's not tell Uncle Ronnie), and we met Jonathan at the storage facility. Funny story about Kadence....he wanted a drink of my diet coke. I'm a bad aunt so I let him have a sip. He said, "Cookie, will this make you drunker?". I said, "NOOOO...Diet Coke doesn't make you drunk". He said, "No....STRONGER. Does diet coke make you STRONGER?". heehee So...Jonathan is pretty sick. In fact...he's REALLY sick but insisted that he's alright to go. He followed Kadence and I but I was worried by the fact that he was going about 30mph all thru Coweta. On the other side of Coweta, he pulled over. We turned around to see what the deal was. The deal was....he was at death's door, white, sweaty, and....I'll spare you the rest. I called my dispatcher mother who called in my posse for backup. Jonathan took my car to his house and and Kadence and I waited by the side of the highway for Holley, Kourtney, Jaxon, and Dad to show up. Kadence headed home with his rents and Dad and I made the trip to Wagoner.
32 deer, one wrong turn, and 3 cuss words later,.....we got to the Seminole campground. I rode around on the golf cart with Mrs. Camphost and found a spot that I thought Ronnie would be good with. During the excursion, I informed her of Dad's lack of trailer backing experience. She assured me that Mr. Camphost could back it, which he did. The set up process did not go particularly well. I had to get Ronnie out of his "evening meeting" which I assume was probably code for "hanging out at a sports bar in Los Angeles". He seemed really, really, REALLY irritated when I told him I would need a little more specific instruction on how to plug in the trailer. He had a difficult time understanding how I could be so ignorant as to these matters considering I have watched him set up umpteen times. Do I have to remind him I'm a bimbo???? And a darn good cook?? Ok...I'm a bimbo. aaaaaaahhhhhhh.....all set up. Now I'll head back tomorrow night to clean, set up inside, and get the food ready for the weekend.

Oh....about Jonathan... His condition continued to decline and Bre took him to the ER where they administered an IV. He's a little better today, but very weak and sore. Poor guy. FYI...He ate spaghetti from Potbelley's. ??? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment