Saturday, April 25, 2009

OKC!

I had fun with my nephew Kadence last night. We celebrated his third birthday by grilling out, eating "pupcakes", opening his gifts, ...hanging at the park, ....watching movies....and ...at, like 11:30, the kid decided to go to sleep. He woke up and reminded me I had to make him some waffles. Then (whew) Holley came to pick him up.
It took forever to get out of town. Finally, ...at 4:30 or so, we made it to the Cox Convention center. Standed in a line of a zillion people to get the run packet, got the chip activated, and headed to the hotel. Then..it was on to the Olive Garden (ok food and an IHOP type atmosphere). Anyhoo...I sufficiently carb loaded (heck..I've been carb loading since 1983). Then...headed to Walgreens to get 64 oz. of water and some vaseline (it's a runner thing), then to Panera to get my ritual bagel for in the morning. We drove thru Nichols Hills and those are with out a doubt the most fantastic homes I've ever seen!
There are runners ALL over the place here, as you can imagine. Bartenders all over the city are probably po'd b/c folks aren't boozin it up tonight.
This is so much fun!!!!!! I'm not nervous at all yet.
I'll let you all know how it goes. Peace out...

No comments:

Post a Comment