Sunday, April 19, 2009

Cattle Show Update

AHHHHH....I'm EXHAUSTED! Really....exhausted. Holley and I headed to Stillwater Friday evening, two little ones in tow (Kadence and Jax). I took the boys swimming Friday night in the OUTDOOR pool and scored some extra cool points.




Saturday morning, after breakfast, we headed to see Scout show at the Ok Beef Expo. He did great, winning Champion Chianina with his prospect steer and then later in the day won Grand Champion Market prize with a steer that belonged to the Mckay's. Scout was in his element of course, and did a fantastic job showing.

A few highlights of the trip, aside from the big win:
Experienced Joseppi's for the first time. It's not Joe's, but it had to do in a time crunch
Aunt Cookie has some mad MacGyver skills and can craft a band aid out of a kleenex in a pinch
Wasabi Almonds=MONEY!
We survived Jaxon's sleep issues but I will bring ear plugs for future over nighters.
Visited the blue house....Holla! And SHORTCAKES!!!

All in all, it was a great weekend! I'm ready for a fun week. We will be meeting the Shumards in Krebbs on Tuesday night for an italian dinner. Other than that, I will be conserving energy in preperation for the weekend. Ronnie and I will head to OKC on Saturday.
Make a great week!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment